User login

Newsletter

Опис за NEWSLETTER

The church of St. Nikola - village of Krupiste, Stip

  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: pager_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: image_count_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_bottom in include() (line 20 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_bottom in include() (line 22 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: image_count_bottom in include() (line 24 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).

At the north-eastern exit of the village of Krupiste, beneath the Stip-Kocani road, on the right bank of river Bregalnica, there is a medieval church dedicated to saint St. Nikola (St. Nicholas), and remains of a an old-Christian basilica were discovered underneath it.

St. Nikola church is a construction of modest dimensions, made of broken stone of unequal size and built-in elements of early Christian sculpture with encrypted signs and letters. It is a single nave church, with rounded arch and semi-circular apse on the outside. The entrance is on its west side.

Two inscriptions are preserved in the church. The first one reads that the church was built during the reign of bishop Makarie in 1625, and fresco-painted in 1627, while the second one mentions the name of master Isaija Debreli, who in 1880, when it is presumed that the porch of the church with semi-circled arch has been built, painted it and made certain interventions over the frescos of the naos. People wearing modern national costumes are noticeable in the fresco paintings of the porch, produced by this fresco-artist.

  • English
  • Македонски