- Култура и традиција
The Monastery of the Holy Mother of God, Skopje, near Matka
Mon, 08/09/2010 - 13:59
The Monastery St. Bogorodica (The Holy Mother of God) is located near the village Glumovo, at the exit of the river Treska from the Canyon, near the village Matka.
According to certain knowledge, most probably it was built by Bojko, sun of the noble woman Danica, ktitor (donator) of the church St. Nikola (St. Nicholas) in the village Ljuboten, near Skopje. One inscription in the church of Ljuboten is a witness for the building of this monastery. It is supposed that it had been built before 1337 and from 1372 in the church there has been a tombstone noting certain Mario, called Velislav. In 1497 a woman named Milica found the church devastated, and she repaired and painted it, and was made a new narthex. In the Oktoih (book of Psalms) placed in monastery Krushidol, there is a script from 1687 noting that the manuscript has been given to this monastery from the brothers Andreia and Stojan Kovach. In the National library of Sofia there is preserved codic of this monastery, written in 60-80 of 16th century. In the 18th century it has been transferred to the monastery St. Nikola Shishevski, and by the end of 19th century in the Bigor Monastery. In 1716 the archbishop Arsenie from Pec has gifted it Antimensions.