User login

Newsletter

Опис за NEWSLETTER

St. Atanasij, the Leshok monastery – Tetovo

  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: pager_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: image_count_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_bottom in include() (line 20 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_bottom in include() (line 22 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: image_count_bottom in include() (line 24 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).

The place where is located the grave of Kiril Pejchinovik

The church of the Leshok monastery, devoted to St. Atanasie was raised by the bishop of Polog Joanakie in 1350. As a restorer of the monastery is also mentioned the bishop Nikanor. In the 17th century the church was abandoned, till the revival of the monk life by Kiril Pejchinovik in the 19th century.

The church has a base of a free cross with a central dome, on the west side there is a large narthex, above which is the tower campanile. It is built of stone, tuff and brick, and the floor is covered with marble panes. In the church is found a sarcophagus with the relics of the ktitor.

  • English
  • Македонски