User login

Newsletter

Опис за NEWSLETTER

St. Leonitus, Vodocha village – Strumica

  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: pager_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: image_count_top in include() (line 10 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_bottom in include() (line 20 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: controls_bottom in include() (line 22 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined variable: image_count_bottom in include() (line 24 of /home/cultmap/public_html/sites/all/modules/views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_singleframe/views-slideshow-singleframe.tpl.php).

A seat of the former Vodocha Episcopacy

The primeval monastery church, built over the basis of an older early Christian basilica, at the time of the Tsar Samuel, today is in ruins. After the destruction of the church in the 11th century, would be built the todays cruciform church. According to the architectonical conception, this church is in a form of a cross with a dome in the middle. On the east side are found the basis of the altar apse, which points at the fact that the church derives from the 11th century.

In the 12th century the monastery church was enlarged with the construction of the big east cruciform church. Two centuries later, on the west side of the church was elevated a narthex. Since the first researches it was concluded that this monastery was a seat of the bishops from Strumica. The Strumica Episcopacy was mentioned for the first time in 1018 in the documents of St. Basil II, in the time when the Samuels state decayed. From some written documents from the 14th century we found out that this monastery was a seat of the Vodocha Episcopacy till the end of its existence.

  • English
  • Македонски